Friday, April 20, 2007

Day 2: Trying to Get Over the Hump!

12:15pm
Left the house to run down to the local police headquarters to get by background check so I can volunteer at the kids school. I was extremely pleased to know that there was no cost! I was fully expecting to fork over the normal $45.00. Got out of there pretty quickly and headed over to dd school to drop her off. At this time, I realized I had forgotton my magic potion (lemonaide), so made a quick detour home to pick it up. Good thing, I had one small elimination to get out before my outing.

1:30-3:00pm
Got to the mall. Browsed around Sears, and decided to treat myself to a pair of pants. There was a beautiful pair of linen columbia pants with only one left in my size. Lucky for me, they were 30% off, and I happened to have a $25.00 credit on my sears card for over paying it. Yeah! I also picked up the rungs with clips so I can finally hang up my tapestry.
Headed over to Old Navy where I got all the kids new baseball caps and some new shirts for dd and ds1. I stopped in at the health food store where Z use to work and asked for the maple syrup. The young indian girl working there, immediately asks if I'm doing the Master Cleanse.
She then remarks how great and young I look to have two kids (I only had taken the two little ones with me). I reply that I actually have 4. Her eyes nearly popped out of her head! Then she starts yelling "You're hot!" and "Go girl!" Before I leave she asks how old I am, I relply 31, and again send into shock. I tell her to have a great day and leave.

4:34pm
I had a glass of the magic potion when I came home, which I deperately needed. I made the kids some samosas and french fries to snack on and am absolutely dying at the smell. Again, I'm not feeling anything you could remotely call hunger let alone starvation. But I am DYING to eat! I really want to call N or Z right now, who are on day 3 of the MC, but dh is on a conference call for the next half hour. I'm really trying not even to think about tomorrow. I'm really glad I only set a 3 day goal for myself. Now, I just need to get over this evening hump.
I also realized that I was not putting enough maple syrup in the concoction. It calls for 2 tbsp for 8-10oz of water. I was measuring it with a measuring spoon. I googled the measurement of one tbsp and it turns out it is 15mls! It made such a difference to the drink. The syrup is where the calories come from, which is essential. I am properly measuring everything now.

1 comment:

sillyputty said...

You need that 2 tablespoons of syrup...otherwise you will feel hungry! The days should get easier for you now. Trust me, I'm on day 4 and its the easiest day ever...I wouldn't have dreamed I'd be saying that!! My white tongue is getting pinker too : )