I finally rose out of bed with minor cramping I had been feeling through the night. I headed for the bathroom to wash up and put on some comfortable clothes in anticipation of many trips to the bathroom.
8:35am
I have the sensation to go eliminate. Something small and formed comes out.
8:50am
Back in the bathroom where the bm is considerably softer. The cramping has now subsided.
9:01am
I'm ready to start the flush. I put 32oz of spring water in a pretty ceramic picture with two teaspoons of uniodized sea salt. Oooh the taste! I gag with the first couple gulps which I try to chug. 15 minutes later I somehow make it through the first glass. I don't think I can continue. I call up a friend on day two of the MC for help. I feel like vomiting. She encourages me to drink the rest and suggests I dip my finger in the maple syrup and put it on my tongue between gulps.
It helps me to finish the glass. It is now 9:35 am.
10:39am
I'm lying in bed under the blankets with the shivers and feeling sick. I feel like I have a flu, but still no urges to eliminate. Did it work? I've been reading on the rawfoodsite.com that the flush didn't work for many people, who instead turn to the tea morning and evening instead.
I'm patiently (not) awaiting those urges, as right now, I am in no condition to drink the lemonade mixture. Lucky for me, I've only set an immediate goal of 3 days on the fast, which is the minimum. I'm off to wait for some action.
10:52am-10:57am
Here it comes! After 5 minutes eliminating a runny, watery substance, with bits of mucous (on the tissue, sorry, tmi), I feel MUCH better. The nausea has subsided, thank God!
I prepared my first glass of lemonade at 11:30 with 3 tbsp of lemon juice, freshly squeezed, 2 tbsp of Grade B maple syrup , a pinch of cayenne, and 10 oz of R.O. water. I put the ingredients in the blender to give it a good mix. Perhaps this is why I really didn't taste the cayenne.
It was refreshing, although I think I will go down to only 2 tbsp of lemon juice for the next glass.
Now I need to remember to drink my water in between!
12:15pm
Getting my daughter ready for school. I'm going to try to drink another glass of lemonade before I go. I also need to fill up the water bottles. Uh oh, I'm feeling gurgles....
2:11pm
Well those gurgles resulted in trip number 4 to the bathroom and a fair amount of the infamous 'butt pee'. I have now had a total of 28oz of the lemonade mixture. I am not feeling hungry at all, but am definitely feeling VERY lethargic. I hope to get in another 20 oz of lemonaide potion before I pick up the kids from school. Thank God I don't have to cook today. Tomorrow, I think I will send a couple kids out to my mil's house. It's going to be a rough weekend. Stay tuned...
2 comments:
Don't worry, I thought my Day One (yesterday) was doable but not as good at today. Today I've got tons of energy but I also haven't been at home all day which helps.
Thanks for the words of encouragement. It helps knowing I'm not the only one!
Post a Comment